Simmer up a panful of delicious vegetarian pasta, perfect for warming up with on a cold Halloween night.
To make the little Jack-o-Lantern serving bowls – get some orange paper cups – the insulated cups for warm drinks work best for this – and draw on a pumpkin face with black felt tip.
Delicious warming pasta dish
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 300g pasta shells
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- sat and pepper to taste
- 125g finely diced mozzarella to serve
- Add the olive oil to a large non-stick wok style pan, one with a lid. Tip in the garlic and onions and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, pasta, vegetable stock, tomato puree and herbs, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and put the lid on.
- Cook for around 15-20 minutes. Stir a couple of times and if necessary add more stock.
- Once the pasta is tender - stir through the diced mozzarella so it goes all melty then serve in the jack o lantern cups.
Make Jack O Lantern pasta pots your way
- Add a little spice with a pinch of chilli flakes
- Add in more veggies.
How to serve Jack O Lantern pasta pots
- Perfect for warming up with on a cold Halloween night.
- Try serving at bonfire night parties.
You might also just LOVE our Halloween Bogey Bites!