Jalapeño Slaw makes a delicious spicy side – ideal for serving with Mexican food, burgers or chicken. I love to make this with red cabbage just because it looks so much nicer.
Nice, quick and easy to make – if you don’t like things too spicy then go easy on the jalapeño if you like things hot then add a few more.
A spicy little homemade coleslaw
- 1/2 small red cabbage - thinly sliced
- onion - thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots - cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbs of jalapeños (I use the jarred Old El Paso jalapeños for this recipe) - finely chopped
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- Toss the sliced vegetables into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, chopped jalapeños and smoked paprika - mix well.
- Tip the dressing into the vegetables and toss everything together with your hands to coat it.
Try serving with a big mexican chilli or grilled chicken
Jalapeño slaw is gorgeous served with our Mexican style gourmet hotdogs.