A juicy and delicious lamb burger with a hit of jalfrezi spice that’s ready to eat in under 20 minutes. Perfect for a tasty mid week treat. Served with a topping of mint raita for an authentic twist.
A delicious curried lamb burger - super quick midweek meal.
- for the burger
- 250g lamb mince
- 1 heaped tbs jalfrezi curry paste
- for the mint raita
- 1/3 cucumber sliced into small strips
- 1 heaped tbs natural yogurt
- small bunch of mint leaves chopped
- to serve
- burger roll
- Mix the jalfrezi curry paste into the lamb mince with your hands and form into two burger patties.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat and place the burgers straight into the pan - no oil needed.
- Flip the burgers every few minutes and cook until the juice runs clear and no pink remains.
- Whilst the burgers are cooking make the mint raita - mix the yogurt, mint and cucumber strips together in a small bowl.
- Split the burger rolls and slide on the burgers, top with mint raita.
Jalfrezi lamb burgers are delicious accompanied with spicy chickpea salad.
Make it your way:
- Don’t fancy jalfrezi add another curry paste go hotter with a madras or sweet and fragrant with a mild korma.
- Don’t like curry then try adding a spoonful or two of harissa paste for a smoky flavour.
- Keep it plain or maybe just add some chopped garlic.
- Serve it on a toasted pitta or folded naan bread instead of burger roll.