I know you’ll think I’m crazy… but I LOVE this bin.
Firstly, let me tell you how much I hated the rubbish situation in my kitchen. I had a bin for actual rubbish, a counter top compost bin for peelings and unwanted cooked food and plate scrapings (we can recycle that where I live) then add to that a kitchen work top with cans, tins and bottles lined up waiting to be taken outside to the recycling bin… It drove me MAD.
I’d spotted the Joseph Joseph Intelligent Waste Bin Totem 60 at a friends house and really, really wanted one!
It’s compact, neat, unobtrusive, holds loads of waste and is a really intelligent product. It tackles all the ‘rubbish’ things that annoy me.
- The bin looks good, doesn’t stand out and fits into any kitchen style or colour scheme.
- It holds all the waste in one place. The food compost caddy sits inside the main bin, out of sight and smell! The compost caddy bag is also held in place by the rectangle bag frame that sits inside the caddy, this means when you fill the bag with waste it doesn’t slip into the caddy.
- The bottom of the bin is a drawer that opens easily and is divided into two sections, I use one for glass tins and the other for cardboard and paper.
- It’s efficient, you only have to empty the bit of the bin that’s actually full.
- Inside the lid is a odour eliminator to reduce any nasty bin smells.
- The bin liners are an exact fit and when you get down to the last 3 there’s a little sticker on the bag to remind you to re-order. Clever huh?
- It’s easy to wipe down, easy to clean and holds waste brilliantly. My kitchen is neat again and this makes me very happy.
I honestly never owned a bin I wanted to take such good care of!
Disclosure – the Joseph Joseph bin was my purchase, this isn’t a sponsored post.
Get more home and garden tips here
If you love an organized kitchen get more kitchen organizing tips here
Get more organizing tips here