Lighten up dinner with a delicious kale and cashew nourish bowl, a little dish of goodness that’s quick to make, so it’s great for throwing together on a busy work night when you’re trying to keep on track with healthy eating.
I always like the nourish bowl way of eating, it feels simple and effortless, it’s also a great way of using up a little collection of leftovers!
Quick and easy nourish bowl recipe
- 2 cloves garlic - grated
- thumb sized piece of ginger - peeled and grated
- 2 large handfuls of chopped kale
- 1/2 head of broccoli - pulled into small florets
- 4 inch piece of cucumber - sliced into matchsticks
- 2 eggs - whisked
- handful of cashew nuts
- sachet of brown microwavable basmati rice
- juice of a lime
- drizzle of honey
- drizzle of sesame oil
- Place the broccoli into a pan of boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes to soften - drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile - heat a drizzle of sesame oil in a non-stick pan and gently fry the garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
- Tip in the kale and broccoli and gently stir fry for 4-5 minutes. Drizzle over the honey and lime juice.
- Add a drizzle of sesame oil to another frying pan and pour in the beaten eggs - cook the omelette, once firm, flip to cook on the other side - remove from the pan and slice into fine ribbons.
- Throw the cashew nuts into the omelette pan and gently toast whilst you put together the nourish bowl - be sure to shake the pan every few minutes so they don't burn.
- Cook the microwave rice as per the packet instructions.
- Assemble the nourish bowls - add the rice, stir fried greens, omelette strips, toasted cashews and cucumber.
- Squeeze over a drizzle of fresh lime juice or shake a little soy sauce then eat.
Make a nourish bowl your way
- Just switch around any item in the bowl for any other you like – I just make sure there’s protein, veggies, carbs and then any little extras I fancy.