Advertisement Feature and Review
Karcher sent over the FC5 hard floor cleaner for us to try out – as always, we put it through it’s paces and let the floors get pretty dirty before we used it!
Firstly – the Karcher FC5 is really easy to set up, just simply clip the handle into place, so there’s no nigggly bits to put together. The Karcher FC5 comes with a neat little storage and cleaning tray – so you can use this to stand the machine in when you’re not using it.
Before using the Karcher FC5 hard floor cleaner – make sure you pick up or move any sharp objects on the floor which might damage the machine – so no sucking up broken glass or stones etc.
To use the Karcher – you simply filled the clean water tank and add the detergent – taking care not to overfill. The tank just clips in and out easily.
Next you add just 50ml of water to the storage and cleaning tray and switch the Karcher FC5 on whilst it’s in the tray, just for about 20 seconds – this just moistens the cleaning rollers quickly so that once you start to mop the rollers are wet and ready to clean.
The Karcher FC5 is really quite light so it’s easy to use and it glides really well across the floor and cleans FAST! Did I mention it cleans really well? It’s made me reconsider my whole “5 second rule” thing for food dropped on the floor EEEEK! Just look how dirty that used water is!!! And that’s just in two days of me not mopping the floors!
And did it leave the floors clean? Well we think so!
Once you’ve finished cleaning it’s important to empty out and rinse the water tanks to prevent smells – also give the rollers a clean by adding water to the storage/cleaning tray and running the floor cleaner for 30-60 seconds – then emptying the dirty water tank again.
Karcher FC5 Hard Floor Cleaner – WHAT WE LIKED
- It vacuums AS IT MOPS! What’s not to LOVE?!
- Quiet light-weight so it’s easy to use.
- Easy to manoeuvre across the floors.
- Easy to fill and empty – taking literally just a few minutes.
- Easy to take apart for cleaning.
- You can use on most hard floors – laminate, sealed wood, tiles, stone and sealed, oiled and waxed parquet.
- Easy to clean underneath furniture and move around furniture – also cleans right up to the edges.
- It doesn’t soak the floor so it’s great for laminate which you really don’t want to get that wet.
- It makes giving the floors a really good clean – quick and easy.
Karcher FC5 Hard Floor Cleaner – WHAT WE DIDN’T LIKE
- Although we loved it – if we could make one change it would be that the handle folded down for easier storage for people with limited space.
Karcher FC5 Hard Floor Cleaners are available priced around £220 depending on retailer
Disclosure – the Karcher FC5 hard floor cleaner was sent over free of charge for review – We are under no obligation to give it a good review – all our reviews are our genuine opinion. For full details of my disclosure policy please read here.