Super easy kids lunch box idea – kids pasta salad that squeezes in three lots of fruit and veggies!
Kids Lunch Box Ideas
We’ve teamed up with Iceland using the #PowerOfFrozen to create a quick and easy kids lunchbox pasta salad.
Once the kids start back to school, family life becomes hectic but I still like to squeeze in time to make nice lunch and this quick kids lunchbox pasta salad recipe using frozen peas and corn, alongside tinned pineapple chunks, means I can pack 3 portions of fruit and veg into this really simple lunchbox recipe.
How to make kids pasta salad
Quick and easy pasta salad kids will love.
- Handful of pasta shapes
- Small handful of frozen peas
- Small handful of frozen sweetcorn
- Small handful of pineapple cubes
- 1 slice of ham cut into bitesized pieces
- 1 heaped tsp of sun dried tomato pesto
- Put the pasta, frozen peas and corn into a saucepan and cover with plenty of boiling water. Add a pinch of salt, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- Drain the pasta and veg in a colander and then rinse under cold water to quickly cool them down, then tip them into a small mixing bowl and add the pineapple, ham and sun dried tomato paste and mix to coat everything.
- Tip into lunch boxes.
Make Kids Pasta Salad Recipe Your Way
- don’t fancy ham, use Iceland chargrilled chicken strips instead, just defrost and they’re ready to eat.
- go veggie and add mini mozzarella balls or a handful of grated cheese.
Ways to Serve Pasta Salad
- great for school lunchboxes
- turn into after school pasta snack pots, make up a few pots and they’ll keep in the fridge for a couple of days ready for the kids to grab when they get home from school hungry.
For more #PowerOfFrozen lunchbox recipes try….
- The Crazy Kitchen – 5 Fun Back to School Lunchbox Ideas
- Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen – Easy Chicken and Vegetable Pasties
- Hijacked by Twins – Lunchbox Rice
- Munchies and Munchkins – Back to School Lunch Ideas
- Feeding Boys – Sausage Wheel Flatbreads
- Everything Mummy – Cheesy Vegetable Muffins
Lunch Box Snack Ideas
Kids are always super hungry by lunchtime so it’s a good idea to add in a couple of lunch box snacks – try
- Piece of fruit – banana, apple, pears, berries, melon slices.
- Homemade scones
- Homemade cookies
- Veggie sticks with hummus or salsa dip
- Crackers with cheese
- Cheese sticks
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Iceland, for full details of my disclosure policy please read here.