Quick and easy little tea time treat for kids. Mini fruity trifles are packed with juicy fruit, tasty jelly and topped with whipped cream.
There’s a bit of a science to making jellies with fruit it. Don’t add fresh pineapple, kiwi or papaya or the jelly just won’t set.
You could also add a layer of custard to these trifles – I make it without as my children don’t like custard.
- 300g tin of mandarin oranges
- 1 pack of orange jelly
- 300ml whipping cream
- 1 chocolate flake
- Divide the mandarin oranges between 6 small dishes
- Mix up the jelly as per the packet instructions and tip onto the oranges - put the jellies into the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
- Once set - whip the cream and pipe in swirls on top of the jellies.
- Sprinkle over crumbled chocolate flake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.