Knickerbocker glory with boozy jelly anyone?
This towering decadent dessert is made with layers of Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Orange, Passion Fruit & Champagne jelly, fresh mangoes, rich creamy Madagascan vanilla ice-cream, fresh oranges topped with more boozy jelly a mountain of swirly whipped cream and flaked chocolate. Get yourself a spoon and dive in!
Decadent mouthwatering knickerbocker glory for adults that's great as a celebration dessert
- 250ml bottle of Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Orange, Passion Fruit & Champagne Jelly.
- 250ml Prosecco
- 2 ripe mango - peeled and cubed
- 2 oranges - peeled and cubed
- 8 scoops of vanilla ice-cream
- 350ml whipping cream - whipped until stiff and fluffy
- chocolate flake
- Make the jelly - pour the jelly liquid into a saucepan, fill the jelly bottle with Prosecco and pour into the saucepan also. Bring the jelly liquid to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 seconds. Pour into a jelly mould and leave to cool before placing in the fridge for around 4 hours.
- Once the jelly is set. It's time to make up the knickerbocker glory.
- Take tall glasses and layer up as follows. Jelly, mango, ice-cream, jelly, mango and oranges, ice-cream, whipped cream and crumbled flake.
- Add a slice of orange to the top just as extra decoration.
The Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference jelly also comes in a Blackcurrant, Elderflower & Cassis flavour. You could make up your boozy knickerbocker glory using red berries instead of the mangoes and oranges.
A Knickerbocker Glory made with boozy jelly makes a great celebration dessert – ideal for this time of year and is a great option for a special dessert for those on a wheat free diet.
The Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference jellies and cost of the ingredients were provided free of charge from Sainsbury’s. And what did we think of them? The jelly flavours are amazing, very rich intense and definitely more suited to a grown-up taste. They’d make a delicious dessert as jelly on their own but especially at this time of year it’s nice to make food extra special and so a knickerbocker glory certainly gives you that celebration feel. They are super easy to use and in fact I could quite get used to just pouring jelly out of a bottle rather than cutting up little cubes.
For full details of my disclosure policy please read here
Get all our easy dessert recipes here
Loads more ideas for Christmas celebrations here!
Loads more ideas for family celebrations here!
Get more delicious gluten free recipes UK style here
Love sweet stuff? – get our most delicious recipes here