Just the CUTEST EVER Valentine’s Day craft for kids – help your toddler create this gorgeous little heart craft ladybird.
Ladybirds and children just go together so well! They are such bright happy little creatures and children always delight in finding one and letting it crawl up upon their finger.
The Ladybird Valentine craft is a lovely messy fun craft that kids always enjoy. Here’s how we made our Valentine’s Day ladybirds…
Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids
What you need to make heart ladybirds
- 2 paper plates
- red paint
- black paint
- white paper
- black pompom eyes
- black crepe paper
- black pipe cleaners
- sticky tape
How to make lovely ladybirds
- Firstly using the VERY popular finger paint method we painted one paper plate red and one black.
- We then left these to dry overnight as we had a busy day!
- Once the paper plates had properly dried we assembled the ladybirds.
- Cut the red plate in half to be the ladybird wings.
- Glue the wings onto the black body so that they are open a little way.
- Cut out some heart shapes from the black crepe paper and glue them onto the red wings.
- Cut out two white circles for the ladybird eyes and stick a black pompom into the centre of each one.
- Stick the eyes onto the ladybird’s head.
- Next coil two black pipe cleaners and stick them to the reverse of the ladybirds head using sticky tape.
- That’s it! All finished!