We love this dinner here at Daisies & Pie, it’s one of our favourite cheat dinners… you know the type, looks homemade but is full of time saving cheats to make life easier.
It’s a good idea to take advantage of the seasonal BBQ products which are currently crowding out supermarket shelves, they’re a quick way to a healthy, vegetable packed tasty dinner, with very little fuss and effort.
Our cheat-y lamb kebabs and big Greek salad are ready in just 20 minutes, perfect for cooking on busy weeknights.
Quick and easy midweek dinner with a summery vibe.
- 4 lamb kebabs
- 4 pitta breads
- 1 cucumber - chopped into cubes
- 4 tomatoes - chopped into bitesize pieces
- 1/2 red onion - thinly sliced
- 75g marinated olives
- 100g feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 tbs Balsamic salad dressing
- Cook the lamb kebabs as per the packet instructions - it's usually under the grill for around 20 minutes, but just check the pack.
- Whilst the kebabs cook, mix up your Big Greek Salad - add the cucumber and tomatoes to a bowl, toss in thinly sliced red onion, cubed feta cheese and the olives. Sprinkle over 1/2 tsp dried oregano and drizzle over 1-2 tbs Balsamic salad dressing.
- Toast the pitta breads.
- To serve, cut open the pitta breads, load with freshly made Greek Salad and top with the grilled lamb kebabs.
Make Lamb Kebabs with Big Greek Salad your way…
- Use homemade lamb kebabs
- Add in some shredded lettuce or spinach to the pitta breads
- Switch lamb to chicken kebabs.
- Top with a dollop of hummus or minty yogurt.
- Skip the cheese for a lower fat version.
How to serve Lamb Kebabs with Big Greek Salad
- Serve with toasted pittas
- Add a side dish of quick and easy microwave quinoa salad.
- Add an easy dessert of fresh berries and Greek yogurt.