The BEST (and easiest) lamb kofta meatball recipe ever! Super tasty lamb meatballs served with spicy couscous and minty yogurt dressing.
Our Moroccan lamb meatballs are super easy to make, they literally take minutes.
I usually prepare them in the morning, then just whack them in the oven at dinner time.
I do love how versatile they are too. You can serve with rice or couscous and a salad or do them with pasta or mashed potatoes and a spicy tomato sauce.
A delicious summer dinner recipe that everyone will just LOVE
Lamb Kofta Meatballs Ingredients
- 500g Lamb Mince
- 3 tsp Moroccan Spice Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbs Tomato Puree
- Pinch Salt
How to make lamb kofta meatballs
Our recipe for Moroccan lamb kofta meatballs couldn’t be easier! With just four ingredients you can have these meatballs made in literally minutes!
Tip your lamb mince into a large mixing bowl, add in the Moroccan spice seasoning, a sprinkling of garlic powder, a good squirt of tomato puree and a pinch of salt, then mix together with your hands.
Then form into meatballs and bake in the oven in a non-stick roasting tin for around 20 – 25 minutes or until cooked through.
What to serve with lamb meatballs
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
I like to serve this with spicy couscous and I cheat here – I use Ainsley Harriot couscous sachets – the Spice Sensation or the Moroccan Medley couscous work best with this recipe.
I usually stir roasted peppers through the couscous and scatter over chopped coriander and flat leaf parsley – just to give it a bit of extra yumminess!
I add a bowl of minty yogurt sauce on the side – to make this simply mix Greek yogurt with a couple of teaspoons of mint sauce. Simple!
Don’t just stick to my ideas though – mix things up for yourself – try…
- Flavoured rice – the Tilda microwave pouches are a quick option.
- Stuff the meatballs into pitta breads with salad and minty yogurt or mango chutney
- Serve with quinoa and roast veggies
- Serve the meatballs in a thick, rich tomato sauce with pasta or rice. You might just LOVE our Moroccan meatball sauce recipe here.
How to flavour lamb meatballs
You can flavour up your kofta lamb meatballs any way you fancy – try…
- Indian spiced – just stir through a couple of spoonfuls of curry paste and then serve with rice and Indian mint sauce.
- Try Italian – add dried oregano, thyme, garlic, ground fennel seeds and chopped flat leaf parsley and then serve with pasta and tomato sauce.
Browse all our meat recipes here
More easy lamb mince recipes for you to try
If you love to cook with lamb then you’ll love these tasty lamb dishes.
- Herby Lamb Meatballs
- Lamb Flatbread with Salad
NEED SOME FAMILY MEAL IDEAS?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planner tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
More super tasty Moroccan recipes for dinner
- 500g lamb mince
- 3 tsp Moroccan spice seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the lamb, spices and tomato puree together in a bowl using your hands.
- Form into meatballs using your hands and place into a non-stick roasting tin
- Preheat the oven to 190C / 375F / Gas Mark 5
- Cook in the oven for around 25 minutes or until cooked through properly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 1291mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 39g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get more quick and easy meals here
Save our delicious lamb kofta meatballs to Pinterest for later!
You might also just LOVE our Greek Lamb Stew – just the best lamb stew ever!