The BEST (and easiest) lamb kofta meatball recipe ever! Super tasty lamb meatballs served with spicy couscous and minty yogurt dressing. Delicious summer dinner recipe that everyone will just LOVE
How to make lamb kofta meatballs
Our recipe for Moroccan lamb kofta meatballs couldn’t be easier! With just four ingredients you can have these meatballs made in literally minutes!
Tip your lamb mince into a large mixing bowl, add in the Moroccan spice seasoning, a sprinkling of garlic powder, a good squirt of tomato puree and mix together with your hands.
Then form into meatballs and bake in the oven in a non-stick roasting tin for around 20 – 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Moroccan Lamb Kofta Meatball Recipe
- 500 g Lamb Mince
- 3 tsp Moroccan Spice Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbs Tomato Puree
- Mix the lamb, spices and tomato puree together in a bowl using your hands.
- Form into meatballs
- Place in a non-stick roasting tin and cook in the oven on 190C for around 20-25 minutes or until cooked throughout
What to serve with lamb meatballs
I like to serve this with spicy couscous and I cheat here – I use Ainsley Harriot couscous sachets – the Spice Sensation or the Moroccan Medley couscous work best with this recipe. I usually stir roasted peppers through the couscous and scatter over chopped coriander and flat leaf parsley – just to give it a bit of extra yumminess!
I add a bowl of minty yogurt sauce on the side – to make this simply mix Greek yogurt with a couple of teaspoons of mint sauce. Simple!
Don’t just stick to my ideas though – mix things up for yourself – try…
- Flavoured rice – the Tilda microwave pouches are a quick option.
- Stuff the meatballs into pitta breads with salad and minty yogurt or mango chutney
- Serve with quinoa and roast veggies
- Serve the meatballs in a thick, rich tomato sauce with pasta or rice. You might just LOVE our Moroccan meatball sauce recipe here.
How to flavour lamb meatballs
You can flavour up your kofta lamb meatballs any way you fancy – try…
- Indian spiced – just stir through a couple of spoonfuls of curry paste and then serve with rice and minty yogurt sauce.
- Try Italian – add dried oregano, thyme, garlic, ground fennel seeds and chopped flat leaf parsley and then serve with pasta and tomato sauce.
More easy lamb mince recipes for you to try
- Quick Moroccan Lamb Mince with Herby Rice
- Easy Lamb and Potato Curry
- Lamb Meatballs with Spaghetti
- Lamb Flatbread with Salad
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Hit subscribe below for daily food and lifestyle inspiration!
If you love to cook with lamb then you’ll love these tasty lamb dishes.
Browse all our meat recipes here
More super tasty Moroccan recipes for dinner
Get more quick and easy meals here