Shake up your midweek meal routine, grab a packet of lamb mince and liven up dinner time with our delicious easy lamb mince recipes.
Lamb mince is a super versatile meat and is great used in a whole range of tasty recipes. It seems to naturally absorb flavours and you can really go to town on the herbs, spices and seasoning.
Lamb goes super well with garlic, mint and rosemary meaning it’s great in Greek, Italian and Moroccan recipes.
Is Lamb Healthy?
Well, eaten in moderation I consider lamb to be a healthy meat and great ingredient for family dinners. It’s got many health benefits. Including…
- Lamb is a good source of iron – which is vital for good health.
- It’s a great source of B vitamins, particularly B12, but it also contains B6, B3, B2 and pantothenic acid, which all help to keep the nervous system healthy.
- Lamb is a source of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids
- It contains zinc which is great for boosting the immune system.
- Lamb is a great source of protein.
What Herbs Go With Lamb Mince Recipes?
Lamb is a match made in foodie heaven to not only garlic but all the herbs below. And the BEST thing is you can grow them all these herbs in the garden!
- Mint – this lively fresh herb is great chopped up and scattered over lamb dishes or used in a dip, sauce or marinade to accompany the lamb.
- Rosemary – a lovely woody, rich herby flavour that works really well in lamb dishes it gives your dish a warm, fragrant lift. You can also finely chop rosemary leaves and mix them with garlic and lemon zest to scatter over your finished dish, it’s just delicious!
- Oregano – the key part of many Mediterranean style dishes, it adds a holiday vibe to your food and effortlessly pairs with rosemary, lemon and garlic.
- Thyme – delicious fragrant, this vibrant herb brings a warming feel to food – it’s a great addition to winter dishes like Shepherd’s Pie or Italian baked meatballs.
What Spices Go With Lamb Mince Recipes?
Lamb can really hold it’s own when it comes to spices and the right combination can really make your lamb dish a total winner!
- Cumin – the earthy flavours of cumin work really well with lamb, they’re great is Moroccan style dishes or curries.
- Ras-el-Hanout – this spice mix was just MADE for lamb. Made from a combination of black pepper, coriander, ginger, smoked paprika, allspice, cardamom, mace, nutmeg, turmeric, cayenne, cloves and rose petals. It’s worth keeping a tin of this in the cupboard at home it instantly lifts lamb mince recipes and adds a kick of flavour.
Get loads of easy dinner recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Lamb Mince Recipes You’ll Just LOVE!
If you love to cook with lamb then you’ll love these tasty lamb recipes.
Need Some Family Meal Ideas?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planner tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!