Some days just need a bowlful of super simple warming leek and potato soup, it’s really easy to make, tastes delicious and is perfect alongside a plateful of cheese on toast.
I love this soup for lunch on cold days, it just tastes so good!
Perfect soup for a cold winters day
- splash of olive oil
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 stick celery - sliced
- 3 large potatoes - peeled and diced
- 2 leeks - sliced
- 650ml vegetable stock
- pinch of dried thyme
- 150ml cream
- salt and pepper to season
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large saucepan - tip in the onions and celery and soften gently for around 5 minutes.
- Add in the leeks and potatoes, pour over the stock and add a pinch of dried thyme, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for around 30-40 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat add the cream and blend to a smooth consistency with a hand blender.
Make leek and potato soup your way
- Go for a smoky flavour twist and add a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Scatter over some crispy smoky bacon bits.
How to serve leek and potato soup
- Perfect with a side of cheese on toast as an easy dinner.
- Take in a thermos flask for packed lunch.