An easy leftover chicken salad with fresh crunchy vegetables and zingy spicy dressing. It’s a mouthwateringly good way of using up your leftovers – if you’ve no leftover chicken then just cook and shred a chicken breast
Love your leftovers!
Turning leftover roast chicken from Sunday into an amazing spicy roast chicken salad for Monday is always a good thing. And this quick and easy salad would be perfect for Monday lunch, easy to pack in a lunchbox or add some rice noodles and eat it for dinner.
How to make leftover chicken salad
It’s easy, load up the bowl with fresh crunchy veggies, throw in the shredded chicken and drizzle over a zingy dressing. If you’ve not quite got enough chicken – maybe throw in some roasted peanuts or cashews alongside.
Quick and easy spicy chicken salad
- 2 handfuls of shredded leftover roast chicken
- 1 little gem lettuce - shredded
- 1/2 yellow pepper - finely sliced
- 6cm chunk of cucumber - sliced into batons
- 1 red chilli - finely sliced
- 3 spring onions - finely sliced
- handful of coriander - roughly chopped
- for the dressing
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- Add the shredded chicken and vegetables to a shallow dish.
- Mix up the quick dressing - quickly whisk the sesame oil, soy sauce and honey together.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and lightly toss. Scatter over the chopped coriander.
Make a leftover chicken salad your way
- add some carbs and toss in some rice noodles.
- skip the chilli if you don’t like spice.
- sprinkle over some chopped toasted peanuts.
- switch the dressing for a creamy ranch or Italian style
What to serve with chicken salad
Mmmm you can just add anything alongside a chicken salad, try…
- Fries with mayonnaise dip
- Potato salad
- Rice salad
- Cheesy nachos
- Noodles tossed in sesame oil
- Pasta salad
More ways to use up leftover roast chicken…