Love your turkey leftovers and throw together this super simple, tasty noodle salad that’s bursting with zingy flavours and perfect for lightening up Boxing Day.
Feel free to tweak the recipe and throw in more or less of whatever you have to suit your own taste.
Delicious zingy salad
- 2 bundles of soba noodles - cooked, rinsed under cold water and drained.
- drizzle of sesame oil
- leftover turkey - shredded
- handful of red cabbage shredded
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 red pepper - finely sliced
- 1/4 cucumber - chopped into matchsticks
- handful of coriander - roughly chopped
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- juice of a lime
- Toss all the salad ingredients into a large bowl - the noodles, turkey, cabbage, spring onions, cucumber and peppers - toss everything together with your hands.
- Mix up the dressing - add the peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and lime juice together in a small jug - add cold water to loosen the dressing in needed.
- Drizzle over the dressing and toss with forks to mix well.
- Scatter over chopped coriander.
Make leftover turkey noodle salad your own way
- add in any shredded fresh veggies you like
- scatter with a handful of roast peanuts
How to serve leftover turkey noodle salad
- perfect for Boxing Day- maybe add a side of thai spicy crackers and dip.