Everyone LOVES a roast potato and our lemon and rosemary roasties are just perfection! Crisp and zingy with the lovely warming woody flavour of rosemary. These smell amazing as they cook and they’re even better to eat. We love these alongside a delicious Greek Lamb stew – but they’re also great with roast chicken or salmon.
Just the best roast potatoes.
- 1.2kg red potatoes - peeled and cut into chunks
- sunflower oil
- zest of a lemon
- small bunch of rosemary - leaves picked and finely chopped
- sea salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 210C
- Parboil the potatoes for around 8 minutes - drain and then give them a shake in the pan to rough up the edges.
- Pour sunflower oil into the roasting tin so there's a thin layer all across the bottom. Put the tray into the oven to heat up the oil, it'll only take around a minute.
- Remove tray from the oven then tip in the potatoes - toss over the lemon zest and rosemary and season with salt and black pepper. Give the tray a shake to make sure all the potatoes are coated with oil and flavours.
- Put the tray into the oven and cook for around 30 minutes - give them a shake in the tin half way through cooking time.
Make lemon & herb roast potatoes your way
- switch the rosemary for oregano or thyme.
- add a touch of heat with a pinch of chilli flakes.
How to serve lemon and herb roast potatoes
- These go perfectly with our Greek Lamb Stew
- Any leftovers are very tasty sliced up and cooked into a Spanish omelette next day.
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our perfect potato wedges.