Late to the fruit infused water trend but… I admit, I thought it was a fad with all the big detox claims and clean living benefits being hyped up enormously….
I’m not going to pretend that I’ve started drinking fruit water infusions to be ‘healthy’ or that I’ve ditched coffee, but, what I have done is started to mix up a few of these nice fruit water infusions and keep them in the fridge and do you know what? They taste GOOD!
Main benefit to me is I’m drinking much more water, that makes me feel more alert and less sluggish and so that’s got to be a good thing, right?
Make it your way…
- Add in some sliced blood oranges.
- Use rosemary instead of basil it works brilliantly with the lemons.
- 1 large lemon - go for organic and unwaxed fruit
- 1 large lime
- handful of basil leaves
- 500ml water - sparkling or tap water
- Slice the lemon and lime and tear up the basil leaves. Place them all in a jug and pour over the water. You can either drink immediately or leave to infuse in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight if you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get more drink recipes here