A lovely little summer favourite, our lemon and rosemary marinated olives are really easy to make, take just a few minutes and are perfect with drinks or as part of a little antipasti or tapas spread.
I kind of like to do marinated olives, I like the whole thing, saving little jars, choosing and cutting fresh herbs from the garden and making up the jars. They look pretty and taste all the better for being homemade.
Pretty little nibbles
- Handful of olives, just enough to fill your little jar.
- Couple of sprigs of rosemary.
- Lemon peel
- Olive oil to cover the olives.
- Tip the olives into the jar, add some lemon peel and rosemary, pour over enough olive oil to cover.
- Seal the lid.
- Keep the olives in the fridge and use the same day (this marinating method is not suitable as a preserve - for more details on how to safely make flavoured oils etc read here
Make marinated olives your way…
- Use whatever herbs or spices you like, or even add fresh chillies or garlic.
- I like to use garlic stuffed olives for this recipe too.
- I like to add just a dash of chilli infused olive oil to the olives for a little extra kick.
How to serve marinated olives
- Perfect with a glass of red wine.
- Alongside tapas or antipasti nibbles.