These lemon drizzle cupcakes are just too good! Moist, light, deliciously lemony and really easy to make too.
Love cake? Get loads more easy cakes and bakes recipes here!
They’re the perfect size for adding to a little afternoon tea spread alongside some freshly baked scones and finger sandwiches.
Easy peasy lemon cakes.
- 125g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- zest of a lemon
- 125g self raising flour
- juice of 2 lemons
- 50g caster sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Mix together the butter and caster sugar until fluffy and light. Slowly add the beaten egg and combine.
- Add the lemon zest and self raising flour and stir gently to combine.
- Divide the cake batter between the cake cases.
- Bake in the oven for around 12 minutes until light brown.
- Whilst the cakes are baking gently warm the lemon juice and sugar over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the cakes are out of the oven prick small holes into the tops of them with a cocktail stick and pour over the lemon drizzle.
Make lemon drizzle cupcakes your way
- Switch the lemons for oranges and turn them into orange drizzle cupcakes.
Get all our easy dessert recipes here
Get more fruit ideas and fresh fruit recipes here