Delicious, easy and packed with fresh zingy flavours our lemony couscous with peas and beans is perfect for serving alongside roast chicken, grilled salmon or a warming autumn casserole.
Super simple to make, just cook the couscous as per the packet instructions, add a good drizzle of lemon infused olive oil and separate the grains with a fork. Cook a couple of handfuls of peas and baby broad beans, fresh or frozen work equally well here. Once cooked and drained add them to the couscous and finally stir through a handful of chopped mint and flat leaf parsley.
Make it your way…
- switch peas and beans for peppers and onions
- go Italian and add sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and basil
- go fruity and add chopped orange segments with parsley
- make a meal of it, add a tin of chickpeas and some crumbled feta cheese
- delicious served alongside our chicken & chorizo one pot
- 250g dried couscous
- 2 tbs lemon infused olive oil
- 2 large handfuls of frozen peas
- 2 handfuls of frozen baby broad beans
- handful of fresh mint and parsley
- sea salt
- Cook the couscous as per the packet instructions.
- Cook the frozen peas and beans in boiling water for around 5 minutes - drain and set aside.
- Stir through the lemon infused olive oil and fluff and separate the grains with a fork.
- Stir through the peas and beans.
- Finish by string through the chopped fresh herbs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.