We make our lighter sausage sandwich with Mediterranean style chicken chipolatas for a lighter, less fatty sandwich, teamed with fresh rocket leaves and a dollop of red pepper ketchup, this delicious sandwich is perfect for lunch hot or cold.
Delicious easy lunch sandwich
- 3-4 chicken chipolatas
- bread roll
- handful of fresh rocket leaves
- red pepper ketchup
- crunchy vegetable batons to serve
- Cook the chicken chipolatas as per the packet instructions - usually around 25-30 minutes in the oven.
- Meanwhile split the bread roll, load it up with fresh rocket leaves.
- Slide on your cooked sausages and add a dollop of ketchup, squeeze on the lid.
- Note if you're taking for packed lunch, let the sausages cool completely before making up the sandwich.
Make chicken sausage sandwich your way
- Pile on more salad – choose rocket, spinach, watercress or herby salad leaves.
- Add in some grilled vegetables – peppers and mushrooms work well here.
- Go for a sausage melt and throw on a handful of cheese and brown under the grill.
How to serve chicken sausage sandwich
- For lunch with vegetable batons or a little pile of coleslaw.
- Take cold in a packed lunch.
- Turn it into dinner – maybe add a side of potato or sweet potato wedges and hummus dip.