A fresh and zingy lime and ginger salad dressing that’s quick to whisk up and really livens up salads, noodles or fish!
This is one of my favourite salad dressings, it’s super simple with just a handful of ingredients yet it’s bursting with fresh, oriental style flavours.
You can toss it into a plain leafy green salads, use in noodle salads or add a zesty warmth to chicken or seafood salads. It’s beautifully fresh and fragrant and super simple to make too.
Now it’s spring we’re heading fast into salad season. Brighten up any salad with a dash of our delicious tangy lime and ginger salad dressing.
Lime and ginger salad dressing ingredients
- Juice of a large lime
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 thumb sized piece of fresh root ginger – peeled and finely grated
- 1-2 tsp honey
How to make lime and ginger salad dressing
Homemade salad dressing just couldn’t be easier to make! Simply mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl or jug and then pour into a small dressing bottle and shake to mix.
Make salad dressing your way
- Switch the lime for lemon juice.
- Add fish sauce or soy sauce to add extra oriental flair to your dressing.
- If you like things hot, add a pinch of chillies flakes or very finely chopped deseeded red chilli.
Delicious fresh salad recipes to make
- Strawberry and feta salad – a super tasty, sweet and tangy salad recipe that’s just perfect for early summer when strawberries are just coming into season.
- Chicory salad – a fresh and crunchy salad with a fiery dressing. This salad is great served with spicy chicken and fish.
- Greek salad lunch bowl – a delicious lunch bowl bursting with Greek flavours, served with feta cheese and salty black olives.
Need help with meal planning?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planner tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
- 1 lime - juiced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 thumb sized piece of fresh root ginger
- 2 tsp honey
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour into a small dressing bottle and shake to mix.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our zesty lime and ginger salad dressing to Pinterest for later!