Our loaded nachos with chilli chicken and cheese are just SO GOOD! Super easy to make and super tasty to eat… If you’ve got the munchies then these are for YOU!
How to make loaded nachos
Chicken chilli nachos make a perfect movie night or game day snack. They are spicy, cheesy and totally moreish.
To make up a plateful of these awesome loaded nachos you’ll need to first make your chilli chicken. Just fry up chicken breast pieces with peppers and onions and add a couple of tsp of Mexican seasoning – the fajita seasoning works just fine for these.
Once it’s cooked through and piping hot, load it onto nachos and sprinkle with grated cheese, dollop on the salsa and melt the cheese under a hot grill.
Delicious movie night snack.
- Olive oil
- 400g chicken breast cut into small bitesize pieces
- 2 peppers - red and green cut into strips
- 1 large onion - sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- pinch of chilli flakes
- Small tub of shop bought salsa
- Handful of coriander - chopped
- 1-2 packets of tortilla chips
- 2-3 handfuls of grated cheddar cheese
- Add a splash of oil to a large frying pan and tip in the chicken, peppers and onions. Fry for around 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the paprika, cumin, oregano, chilli flakes, salsa and chopped coriander, cook for around 5 minutes.
- Spread the nachos onto a large serving platter and top with the chicken chili and grated cheese.
- Melt the cheese under a hot grill.
What are some toppings for nachos?
You can load on pretty much anything you fancy – try….
- pulled pork or chicken
- chilli beef
- black beans
- shredded cheese
- tomato salsa – homemade or shop bought
- chopped tomatoes, corn and avocado
- turkey chilli
What goes with nachos for dinner?
If you’re throwing together a tray of loaded nachos for dinner – here’s some side dishes we think would go just great with that…