Nothing says true love quite like gin and pizza…. well it’s definitely the way to my heart. What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with a delicious heart shaped pizza and a glass of beautifully served Eden Mill’s Love Gin.
Eden Mill’s Love Gin is made up at St Andrews in Scotland, it’s a unique recipe that includes marshmallow root, red rose petals, hibiscus flowers and goji berries. It’s crystal clear with a delicate pink colouring – we think the floral aroma and mellow berry flavours are just perfect when served with Fever Tree tonic water and decorated with plump juicy raspberries and a stem of fresh rosemary.
If you fancy making our gorgeous homemade heart pizzas they’re easy and oh so delicious.
Lovely Valentine's Day dinner
- 500g strong white flour
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 tsp dried yeast (not fast action)
- 1 tbs olive oil + a little extra for greasing
- 380ml warm (not hot) water
- 1 batch of tomato sauce or jar of flavoured passata - we use this tomato sauce
- 200g goats cheese
- 1 small red onion sliced
- oregano to sprinkle on before baking
- sea salt to sprinkle on before baking
- olive oil to drizzle on after baking
- Add the flour and salt to a large mixing bowl
- Add the yeast to the water and stir.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in the tbs of olive oil and around 1/3 of the water, start to mix the dough by moving hand in circular motions in the well - bringing in more of the flour each rotation - continue adding the water and mixing the dough until you have a rough sticky dough.
- Then tip out onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for around 10-15 minutes until it's a nice smooth elastic dough.
- Lightly oil a mixing bowl and pop the dough in, cover the bowl in clingfilm and leave on the worktop for around 3-4 hours to rise.
- Then remove the dough, knead for a few minutes and divide into 8 mini balls to roll into the pizza bases.
- Heat the oven to 225C.
- Roll out a mini ball of dough so it's nice and thin. Then if you want heart shaped pizza use kitchen scissors to snip the dough into a heart shape.
- Place the pizza base onto a lightly floured baking tray.
- Top with a couple of spoonfuls of tomato sauce - spread thinly to cover dough.
- Dot on some goats cheese.
- Scatter over some red onion.
- Scatter over some dried oregano and sea salt.
- Cook in the oven for 7-8 minutes until the dough is cooked and the toppings starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with a little olive oil - maybe some fresh herbs or rocket leaves.
Alternative pizza toppings
- Mozzarella, chorizo and chilli with fresh rocket leaves.
- Smoked mozzarella, mushrooms and thyme.
- Tuna, anchovies, lemon oil and fresh basil leaves.
- Pesto, goats cheese, toasted pine nuts, rocket leaves.
How to make a perfect gin and tonic
- Add 50ml Eden Mills Love Gin to a balloon glass.
- Top up with Fever Tree Tonic
- Drop in some juicy fresh raspberries
- Add a stem of fresh rosemary
PS…. you might also really like our gin & tonic slushies *just saying*
Disclosure – post in collaboration with 31Dover.com for full details of my disclosure policy please read here.