How to make a paper fan love heart – a super easy Valentine’s Day craft idea for kids to make.
We just love these little paper fan love hearts. They’re a really simple and quick kids craft for Valentine’s Day or any day! Love just isn’t a one day a year thing right?!
We’ll show you how to make gorgeous paper fan love hearts and they take only minutes to make and look so pretty.
This is a great Valentine’s Day craft for kids, even little children because it’s a great chance to practice their fine motor skills.
They’re even nice enough to arrange in a frame and hang on the wall as art, especially if you use different colours and textures.
What you need to make paper fan love hearts
- sheets of A4 paper in different colours (textures too if you like)
- pencil or pen for drawing heart shapes
- scissors for cutting the heart shapes out
How to make a paper fan love heart
- Fold a sheet of A4 paper into half.
- Draw half a heart on one side of the paper using a pencil- make sure you use the folded edge as the centre line of the heart shape.
- Cut the heart shape out using scissors
- Open up the heart shape
- Fold the heart shape in a concertina – making sure you use small folds angled towards the bottom point of the heart shape.
- When the heart is totally folded – press tightly along the folded edges to really make sure the paper creases stay in.
- Open up the fan and use in your craft as you like.
How to display your kids paper fan heart art
The fans look lovely mounted in a frame in kids bedrooms. You could also decorate your hearts before folding into fan shapes. The heart fans also make a pretty addition to a homemade Valentine’s Day card.
Loads more ideas for family celebrations here!
More Valentine’s crafts for kids
- Paper Wrapped Yarn Hearts – use pretty coloured crepe paper to create these lovely wrapped heat decorations.
- Paper Love Heart Tree – just the sweetest Valentine’s Day craft for kids – tie this into a gratitude activity and write a little gratitude on the back of each paper love heart.
- Fairy Bread – children just love to make these sweet little heart shaped fairy bread sandwiches.
Instructions for our easy kids Valentine’s Day craft
- 6 A4 sheets of coloured or decorative paper
- Fold an A4 sheet of paper into half.
- Draw half a heart on one of the folded sides (make sure the centre of your heart is along the folded line)
- Cut the heart out using scissors
- Open up the heart shape
- Fold the heart shape in a concertina - use small folds and angled towards the base of the heart.
- When the heart is totally folded - press it all down tightly on a table to really get the paper folds to stay in.
- Open up the fan and use
Hey – we hope you enjoy the little Valentine’s Day craft and when you make them don’t forget to tag us your creations on Twitter @daisiesandpieUK or Instagram @daisiesandpie
Head this way for loads more fun kids activities
Find The Best Heart Shaped Cookies Here
Loads more lovely spring activities for kids here