We just can’t get enough of these super tasty chicken and peanut lunch box noodles – they’re super easy to make and they’re just bursting with zingy flavour.
I often make these on a Monday with leftover roast chicken from Sunday dinner.
Quick and easy lunch box noodles
- 2 nests of wholewheat noodles
- handful of shredded cold roast chicken
- 1 red pepper - sliced into batons
- 2 large handful of salad leaves - roughly chopped
- 1 tbs smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- juice of half a lime
- handful of peanuts - roughly smashed
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions then rinse under cold running water to cool them quickly - drain well. If they look like they're sticking, toss them with a tsp of sesame oil to loosen them up.
- Mix up the noodle salad dressing - simply tip the peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and lime juice into a small bowl and mix together.
- To make up the salad - add the noodles, peppers, salad leaves, shredded chicken and half the dressing to a bowl and toss everything together - tip in the rest of the dressing and mix through.
- Divide into two bowls an scatter with smashed peanuts.
Make lunch box noodle salad your way
- Add a spicy blast with a scattering of freshly chopped chillies
- Go vegetarian and skip the chicken – try adding more peanuts or cooked marinated tofu
- Add more veggies – try carrot batons, spinach or peas.
How to serve lunch box noodles
- Delicious packed in boxes for take to work lunch.
- Great for laid back easy weekend lunch.
- As a quick weeknight dinner.
PS… you might also just LOVE our Greek Salad Bowl