If you’re decorating the house for Halloween then get the kids to make a Halloween tree. They’re easy to make and you can go wild or simple with your little Halloween ornaments.
What you need to make a Halloween tree
- black card (if you’re making lots of decorations you’ll need around 10-15 sheets)
- coloured acetate
- black cotton
- jar to hold the twigs
- fairy lights and cobwebbing optional
How to make Halloween tree decorations
- Fold the black card in half so white side is on outside.
- Draw the ghost shape.
- Draw around the ghost shape again – leaving a 1-2cm gap.
- Cut out the ghost shapes (including the middles) making sure the card is doubled up so you get two identical ghosts.
- Lay the ghost down – white side up – apply glue to the ghost – stick down the acetate.
- Glue the other ghost on top.
- Trim the acetate.
- Thread with cotton.
How to make a Halloween tree
- Get outside in the garden/woods and find some twisted sticks.
- Put into a jar with fairy lights.
- Wrap cobwebbing around the jar
- Hang up your decorations