Brighten up the half term holidays with some fabulously crazy carnival masks. It’s super simple to make carnival masks with the kids and they can really let their imaginations run wild. Perfect for celebrating Mardi Gras!
What you need to make carnival masks
- sheet of A4 paper to draw the template
- sheet of card per mask (you can use cereal packets)
- lolly stick to hold the mask (you could eat a lolly first)
- bits and pieces for decorations
- glue and sticky tape
How to make carnival masks
- Fold the A4 paper in half and draw half a carnival mask template – any shape you like – half a butterfly, star or classic masquerade with pointed swept up eyes.
- Cut out the template with scissors.
- Draw around the template onto the card and cut out – young children will need a little help with this.
- Tip out your craft box bits and pieces and let the kids make their own mask creations. (I have a box of bits of shiny paper and card and ribbons, things I just save for the kids to do creative art with)
- Create the mask. You could add shiny paper, sticker stars, tiny folded paper fans, glitter, shiny bits of card or go natural and add feathers, leaves, twigs and tiny shells.
- Wear the mask with pride!
PS… you might also just LOVE our Bug Eye mask!