We’re a bit in love with these creamy, fragrant mashed sweet potatoes. They’re quick to make and go alongside any family dinner. Plus they count towards your 5-a-day.
Delicious creamy sweet potato mash.
- 6 medium sized sweet potatoes - peeled and chopped into small chunks.
- 2 tbs Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- whole nutmeg for grating to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- sea salt and black pepper
- Boil the sweet potatoes in salted water until tender.
- Drain and then mash well.
- Stir in the yogurt and honey and whip it in with a spoon.
- Sprinkle in the cinnamon and grate over the nutmeg and black pepper to taste, stir through gently.
- Drizzle with a little chilli oil if you like.
Make mashed sweet potatoes your way
- Skip the honey and leave them unsweetened.
- Switch the Greek yogurt for cream cheese.
- Add in other root vegetables like carrots or swede.
- Play around with the spices, switch the nutmeg and cinnamon for cumin and coriander or any others you like.
How to serve mashed sweet potatoes
- Serve alongside roast chicken or grilled fish.
- Great with vegetarian sausages.
- Delicious drenched in a slow cooker casserole.