Our Mediterranean Orzo Salad is quick and easy to make, tastes delicious and is perfect for busy weeknights.
Orzo is a great thing to keep in the cupboard as it cooks fast, not only is it fab in pasta salad but you can use it to make a quick risotto, in place of rice when serving curry, or throw a couple of handfuls into soup or stew to bulk it up.
Easy midweek pasta dish
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 large courgette diced
- 1 red pepper - diced
- 100g salami - chopped
- 1 heaped tbs basil pesto
- drizzle of olive oil
- Cook the orzo as per the packet instructions - drain and return to the pan.
- Stir through the pesto.
- Whilst the orzo is cooking add a drizzle of olive oil to a frying pan, gently cook the the courgette and peppers.
- Add the vegetables and salami to the orzo and stir to mix everything together.
- Eat straight away.
Make Mediterranean Orzo Salad your way
- Switch around the veggies and use whatever you fancy! Mushrooms, aubergine, tinned borlotti beans all work well.
- Try different types of pesto, go for sun dried tomato pesto or a peppery rocket version.
- Switch the salami for ham, chorizo, feta or mozzarella.
- Or skip the salami altogether for a veggie version of the dish.
How to serve Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- Delicious as a midweek dinner as it’s so fast to make!
- Serve as a pasta salad dish at BBQ’s or summer parties.
- Take to work lunch.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Need some new packed lunch ideas? We’ve lots of delicious recipes here!
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get loads more delicious easy pasta dishes here
Get more quick and easy meals here