Our Mediterranean Orzo Salad is quick and easy to make, tastes delicious and is perfect for busy weeknights.
Orzo is a great thing to keep in the cupboard as it cooks fast, not only is it fab in pasta salad but you can use it to make a quick risotto, in place of rice when serving curry, or throw a couple of handfuls into soup or stew to bulk it up.
Easy midweek pasta dish
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 large courgette diced
- 1 red pepper - diced
- 100g salami - chopped
- 1 heaped tbs basil pesto
- drizzle of olive oil
- Cook the orzo as per the packet instructions - drain and return to the pan.
- Stir through the pesto.
- Whilst the orzo is cooking add a drizzle of olive oil to a frying pan, gently cook the the courgette and peppers.
- Add the vegetables and salami to the orzo and stir to mix everything together.
- Eat straight away.
Make Mediterranean Orzo Salad your way
- Switch around the veggies and use whatever you fancy! Mushrooms, aubergine, tinned borlotti beans all work well.
- Try different types of pesto, go for sun dried tomato pesto or a peppery rocket version.
- Switch the salami for ham, chorizo, feta or mozzarella.
- Or skip the salami altogether for a veggie version of the dish.
How to serve Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- Delicious as a midweek dinner as it’s so fast to make!
- Serve as a pasta salad dish at BBQ’s or summer parties.
- Take to work lunch.