Brighten up your Sunday with our mouthwatering Mexican style brunch. Happy, zingy, feel good food.
A delicious jumble of chorizo, peppers, vine tomatoes, chunky onions and spicy chilli topped with a fried egg and a grating of cacao.
- 16 slices chorizo
- 1 red pepper - sliced
- 1 yellow pepper - sliced
- 1 onion - sliced
- 1 red chilli - finely sliced
- 4 vine tomatoes - chopped
- 4 eggs
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Grating of cacao or dark chocolate
- Olive oil
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large wok style frying pan.
- Tip in the chorizo and allow to sizzle whilst it releases it's lovely spicy flavour into the oil.
- Add the onions, pepper and chillies and fry for 5-6 minutes until softening.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until softened and warmed through.
- Divide the Mexican brunch between the plates then quickly crack the eggs into the pan and fry.
- Top the Mexican brunch with a fried egg then add a scattering of coriander and a quick grating of cacao.
Nice served with fresh orange juice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 900Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 37gCholesterol: 312mgSodium: 1980mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 10gSugar: 10gProtein: 47g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.