Those cheese and jalapeño nachos deserve to be dipped into this pot of rich red, spicy, zingy salsa. Your quesadilla wants you to drizzle it over it’s filling.
Mexican salsa is so easy to make and tastes so much better than the shop bought jars. Real salsa is fantastic – really get’s your mouth watering!
Nothing beats a zingy real roast tomato salsa - yum!
- 4 large vine tomatoes
- 1 sweet pointed red pepper
- 1 chilli (if you like things to be hotter use more and a hotter variety)
- drizzle of olive oil
- sprinkling of salt
- juice of a lime
- bunch of coriander roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Put the tomatoes, pepper and chilli into a roasting tray.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil
- Roast in the oven until the chilli and pepper are just starting to blacken and the tomatoes are browning and squashy - around 30 minutes - keep your eye on the pepper and chilli you may need to remove these from the oven earlier.
- Once roasted allow the vegetables to cool down and then scrape them into a food processor - add the lime juice and pulse until you get a nice salsa texture.
- Stir through the roughly chopped coriander.
- Season to taste with salt.
Get dipping your nachos! Or use inside quesadillas.
The salsa will keep quite happily in the fridge for a couple of days – although it probably won’t get chance to!