With gourmet hotdogs all the rage I’ve been busy in the kitchen creating a few of my own.
The result got a big thumbs up. They were delicious! Absolutely something you need to try out. Turning a humble little hotdog into an absolute feast is super easy. A really tasty feast for a Friday or Saturday night in.
You can grab the homemade Mexican toppings recipes are here –
You can make these hotdogs with shop bought toppings but it won’t be as good or gourmet!
A gourmet hotdog treat - Mexican style - whip up your own homemade Mexican toppings or shop-bought if you prefer!
- homemade guacamole
- homemade roast tomato salsa
- homemade jalapeño slaw
- 4 Deli-France ready to bake baguettes
- 8 hotdog sausages
- First of all make the Mexican toppings - the guacamole, the salsa and the jalapeño slaw. These can be made in advance and just stored in the fridge until ready to use.
- Bake the Deli-France baguettes in the oven as per the packet instruction.
- Heat the hotdogs as per the packet instruction.
Simply split the baguettes, stuff in the sausages and then load them up with jalapeno slaw, fresh guacamole and roast tomato salsa. Just delicious! You can make this into a vegetarian meal simply by switching to vegetarian hotdogs. You could go all out on the Mexican theme and serve these with Margaritas!
Make Gourmet Posh Dogs your way
- Switch the toppings – try chilli beef, melted cheese, caramelised onions or whatever you fancy.
How to serve Gourmet Posh Dogs
- Perfect for Friday or Saturday night in.
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our Cajun Prawn Flatbread