We all know that feeling of navigating the family weekly schedule, fitting in all those after school activities, dashing to and from sports classes, homework clubs and after school play dates and still needing to find time to think about and make a nutritious family meal. It’s a dilemma that causes a headache for most families.
We are loving the new midweek mini roast recipe from celebrity mum and recipe author Fay Ripley. She’s joined up with Red Tractor beef and lamb to create this yummy and super simple midweek mini roast. It’s cooked in the oven in under 50 minutes which makes a roast dinner easy to throw together any day of the week.
You could serve the roast beef with roast potatoes and vegetables or go with a quick nutritious twist of rice and peas with a side of relish. It’s a low fuss meal which means you’ll be free to spend your time catching up with the kids and helping out with all that homework.
Fay has created an online video to show you how easy that midweek roast is to make and to offer some thoughts and tips on catering for a busy family. For more great recipe ideas visit www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk
Beef mini roast with smoked paprika rub & jewel rice
Serves – 2-3
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 40 – 50 minutes (for medium)
for the mini roast
- 1 x 400-450g lean beef mini roast
- 1tsp oil
- a little salt
- freshly milled black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder
for the jewel rice
- 200g plain rice
- 100g frozen peas
- small bunch fresh mint
- fresh cucumber and yogurt relish
- Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, gas mark 5.
- Place the joint in a small roasting rack lined with foil and make several slits over the surface. Add the oil and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over the smoked paprika and rub generously over the joint. Roast for 40-50 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the rice and peas according to the packet instructions, drain and stir together.
- Remove the joint from the oven, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Lightly chop the mint and stir through the rice.
- Remove any meat bands or butcher string from the joint, carve and serve with the vegetable rice and relish.
Disclaimer: Advertorial from Red Tractor Beef and Lamb