A super easy minced beef pie recipe that’s just delicious for family dinner. I promise this delicious pie will fast become a family favourite!
Easy Minced Beef Pie Recipe
Minced beef pie is super simple to make – you can let the slow cooker take care of the pie filling throughout the day, then when you get home just top it with a puff pastry lid and finish in the oven.
A tasty, filling family meal – perfect comfort food for a cold day.
Delicious tasty minced beef pie
- splash of olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots - peeled and sliced
- 2 sticks of celery - sliced
- 500g minced beef (pick a low fat pack)
- 300ml hot beef stock
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- tsp of dried thyme or mixed herbs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- egg beaten
- Add a splash of olive oil to the pan - gently fry the onions and celery.
- Add the minced beef and brown.
- Tip in the carrots, add a splash of Worcestershire sauce, the dried herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the beef stock.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and cook on low for unto 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Thicken the meat and gravy by mixing a heaped tsp of cornflour with a drop of cold water until it's a smooth paste - then pour into the meat and stir to thicken.
- Tip the meat filling into a pie dish or just use a roasting tin.
- Top with the pastry sheet, slit 3 holes in the centre of the pastry - brush the top of the pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for around 20-25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
Make minced beef pie pie filling your way
- Add in some more veggies – try sliced button mushrooms or peas.
- Skip the slow cooker part and cook it on the hob – it’ll take around 30 minutes.
- Fancy some spice – add a splash of hot chilli sauce.
- Don’t like pastry – top with mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes instead.
- Alternatively serve spooned over baked potatoes or with cheat-y Aunt Bessie dumplings.
What to serve mince beef pie
- Delicious with a spoonful of mashed potatoes and green veggies.
- Perfect with chunky rustic chips, extra gravy and peas.
You might also just LOVE our easy shepherds pie recipe!