Deliciously moist mini blueberry muffins that are just packed to bursting with fresh blueberries. Topped with a little drizzle of lemon icing for added zing. Ideal for popping in lunch boxes or after school snacks.
To whip up a batch of mini blueberry muffins you’ll just need to gently stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and blueberries.
Whisk together the softened butter, milk and egg and stir into the dry mixture. Divide into mini muffin cases and bake for 15 minutes.
Love cake? Get loads more easy cakes and bakes recipes here!
Once cooled top them with a drizzle of lemon icing.
Really easy and yummy!
- 200g self raising flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g fresh blueberries
- 100g butter
- 125ml milk
- 1 egg
- 80g icing sugar
- 3 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 drop of yellow food colouring
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Gently stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar and blueberries.
- Melt the butter in the microwave so that is just soft - don't melt it to complete liquid. Then slowly combine with the milk and egg. Pour this mixture into the dry mixture and stir slowly to mix into a muffin batter.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool.
- Mix up the icing - sift the icing sugar into a small bowl - add 3-4 tbs of fresh lemon juice and colour with a dot of yellow food dye. Stir well to mix. Drizzle the icing onto the muffins.
Make Mini Blueberry Muffins your way
- switch the blueberries for raspberries and top with vanilla icing
- skip the icing and add a sprinkle of sugar to the muffin tops before baking
How to serve Mini Blueberry Muffins
- Serve warm with lemon ice-cream.
- Alongside coffee.
- Tuck inside lunch boxes.
- As part of an afternoon tea spread.
Get all our easy dessert recipes here
Get more fruit ideas and fresh fruit recipes here