We just LOVE this Moroccan Chicken Wrap recipe – tender chicken bursting with Moroccan flavours served with a selection of dips and salads so everyone can get stuck in and build their own chicken wrap – Easy midweek dinner that’s ready to eat in just 30 minutes!
How to make Moroccan Chicken
Moroccan chicken wraps are super simple to make – you can even prep all the ingredients in the morning and just cook them when you get home.
Gently sautéed chicken and vegetables with added Moroccan spices – cumin, coriander, cinnamon, all-spice and a just a pinch of heat from chilli flakes. We add honey just at the end too so it goes all lovely, sticky, sweet and delicious.
How to make Moroccan seasoning
It’s easy to mix up a Moroccan seasoning blend to keep in a little jar and you’ll only need a handful of spices to do so. Just add everything to a small jar with a lid and shake well to mix.
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground all-spice
- 1/2tsp garlic granules
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
Do you need to use homemade Moroccan spice mix? Absolutely not you can just save time and pick up a ready-mixed seasoning.
Mouthwateringly delicious chicken dish
- Splash of olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts - cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large onion - roughly chopped.
- 1 large red pepper - roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp lazy chilli (or use chopped fresh chilli)
- 1 tbs honey
- Handful of fresh coriander - roughly chopped
- salt and black pepper
- Wraps, salad and dips to serve
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large wok style pan, tip in the chicken, onions and peppers and gently sauté over a medium heat for five minutes.
- Tip in the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, all spice and chilli, season with salt and black pepper. Continue to cook for around 10 minutes.
- Drizzle in the honey and cook for around 5 minutes so the chicken goes a little sticky.
- Check to see if the chicken pieces are cooked through and no pink remains.
- Tip the Moroccan chicken into a serving dish and sprinkle with the freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve with wraps, fresh salad, cucumber raita and maybe a little side dish of couscous or quinoa.
What to serve with Moroccan chicken wraps
We like to add a few extras to the Moroccan chicken wraps alongside the chicken filling – you could add any of the tasty extras below…
What side dishes to serve with chicken wraps
There’s loads of tasty options – we like…