Moroccan spiced roast vegetable soup is spicy, delicious and filled with autumn flavours. It’s super quick to make and is fab for an easy family meal served with toasted cheese sandwiches, or maybe bottled in a flask for a chilly autumn picnic.
Moroccan Vegetable Soup Ingredients
- 1 Small butternut squash – seeds removed and chopped into wedges, save the seeds to make our tasty squash seed snack
- 2 sweet potatoes – scrubbed well to remove any dirt and chopped into wedges.
- 2 carrots – scrubbed well to remove any dirt and chopped into wedges.
- 1 tbs of garlic infused olive oil – you can switch this to regular olive oil and just add a couple of cloves of garlic to roast with the vegetables – leave the garlic skins on as they roast and then squeeze them from the skins before blending.
- 3 tsp harissa paste
- 1 1/2 pint hot vegetable stock – you may need more or less depending on the consistency you like your soup to have.
How to make Moroccan Vegetable Soup
To make the Moroccan roast vegetable soup simply chop a small butternut squash into wedges, no need to peel it.
Scrub and chop some sweet potatoes and carrots. Again don’t bother peeling either, just be sure to scrub all the dirt from the skins.
Toss the chunky vegetables in some garlic infused olive oil and 3 heaped teaspoons of harissa paste. If you don’t like things too spicy, opt for less harissa.
Pop the tray straight into the cold oven and whack the temperature up to 200C. Leave them to roast for around 30-40 minutes or until they’re tender.
If you want to reduce cooking times remember to chop the vegetables into smaller wedges.
Once cooked, tip them into a food processor and as you blend, pour hot vegetable stock into blender via the feeder tube. Continue until you have a thick soupy consistency.
How to serve Moroccan vegetable soup
The Moroccan spiced roast vegetable soup is delicious served with a swirl of Greek yogurt and a scattering of freshly chopped mint and parsley, maybe a pinch of chilli flakes if you like things really spicy.
Make Moroccan Roast Vegetable Soup your way…
- Not keen on harissa, add a mild curry paste instead and go with an Indian vibe to your soup.
- Don’t like things spicy? Skip the spices altogether it’ll still taste delicious.
- Want to make it more special? Serve topped with roasted chickpeas, crumbled feta and lots of chopped fresh herbs. Alongside warmed flatbreads.
More delicious vegetable soup recipes to make
- Roasted butternut squash soup – delicious, sweet roasted squash soup that’s perfect for Autumn.
- Autumn minestrone – a warming vegetable soup filled with autumn vegetables, super easy and really delicious.
- Roasted tomato and red pepper soup – one of my favourite vegetarian soup recipes – this is so good with toasted cheese dippers.
NEED SOME FAMILY DINNER RECIPES INSPIRATION?
Check out our meal planning guide here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
- 1 small butternut squash - seeds removed and cut into chunks.
- 2 sweet potatoes - scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 2 carrots - scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1 tbs olive oil (infused with garlic)
- 3 tsp harissa paste
- 1 1/2 pints of hot vegetable stock
- Toss the chopped vegetables in the garlic olive oil and harissa paste and tip into a roasting tin.
- Put into the cold oven and put the temperature up to 200C. Roast for around 30 - 40 minutes until the vegetable are tender.
- Tip the vegetables into a blender and as you blend them pour around 1 1/2 pints of hot vegetable stock down the feeder tube.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 593mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our super tasty roast vegetable soup recipe to Pinterest for later!
More super tasty Moroccan recipes for dinner
Love soup? Get all our delicious healthy soup recipes here