This easy mozzarella salad is one of my favourite things to eat. I often make up a plateful and use it to top bruschetta, or stir through a fresh green salad. Sometimes I add oven dried tomatoes or sometimes I just eat it as it is as part of an antipasti platter. It’s unbelievably tasty and moreish.
If you’re using fresh chilli as a garnish you just need to blacken the skin in the gas hob flame and place in a small dish covered in clingfilm for a couple of minutes. The heat trapped in the dish softens the chilli and the skin just rubs away easily with the edge of a knife. It gives the chilli and lovely smoky flavour that tastes amazing with mozzarella. I also make this with a pinch of dried chilli flakes and it tastes just as good.
Tear up your mozzarella, throw over the chopped chilli, and some torn basil, sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper and drizzle over some olive oil. That’s it, all done.
Deliciously chilli spiked mozzarella.
- 125g ball mozzarella
- 1 red chilli
- Handful of basil
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- If you're using fresh chilli - pop the chilli on the end of a toasting fork and char it in the flames on the gas hob, once nice and black put it in a dish covered with clingfilm whilst you get the rest of the salad ready.
- Tear the mozzarella into strips and lay it on a plate.
- Scatter sea salt, cracked black pepper and torn basil over the mozzarella.
- Scrape the skin off the chilli and slice it finely - scatter over the mozzarella.
- Add a little drizzle of olive oil across the salad.
Make Mozzarella Salad your way
- add a scattering of sun-dried tomatoes
- stir through a green salad
- throw over a handful of pitted black olives
- use to top pizzas, bruschetta or stuff it in a pitta
- don’t like the spice, then char sweet bite peppers instead of chillies.
We think you might also just LOVE our Courgette Salad too