Kitchen organisation is super easy! Using storage pots for tea towels and kitchen cloths can streamline your kitchen clutter and instantly make your kitchen cupboards easier to access!
Kitchen storage ideas – how to store tea towels
Kitchen cabinet space in my house is always hard to come by and my cupboards are literally bursting with
So I needed somewhere to store tea towels that didn’t mean giving up a full drawer. I need them to be somewhere that’s easy to access and somewhere it’s easy to put them away.
Storing tea towels and kitchen cloths in little tin pots really works for me as I can grab the pots out of the cupboard and fold all the tea towels neatly, put them in the pots and put the pots into the cupboard. It’s quick, easy and saves space as now I can just tuck them in the cupboard under the sink, out of the way and right by where I use them.
Declutter your tea towels and kitchen cloths
Okay – first up before you start to store your tea towels all neat away in the cupboards – do a little declutter first – then you’re only storing away the stuff you actually NEED to keep.
- Get rid of any stained or ripped towels – or repurpose them as cleaning rags
- Next up – think about how many you actually need… I’d say 10 kitchen tea towels and 5 cleaning cloths is sufficient for a family home.
- Fold the towels super neat so they fit in the storage pots – you can grab our Towel Folding Guide here.
- Then just tuck the pots away neatly under the sink where they’re easy to access when you need them. Simple.
More kitchen organisation tips for you to try…
- Kitchen Counter Organiser
- Four Steps to Organise Kitchen Cupboards
- The Secret to a Sparkling Kitchen in just 15 Minutes