It’s simple to throw together this beautiful rustic tart just perfect for spring.
A delicious combination of tender baby new potatoes with tangy Dewlay crumbly Lancashire cheese. This tart makes a quick and easy family meal. I serve this with a nice earthy beetroot, chickpea and spinach salad. Vibrant and tasty.
Mmmm cheese & potato tart real family food – Enjoy!
- 350g baby new potatoes
- Pack of ready rolled puff pastry (I use the 230g pack of Marie SAS la pate feuilletee)
- 2 tbs creme fraiche
- clove of garlic - crushed
- couple of large handfuls of grated crumbly lancashire cheese (I use Dewlay)
- 4 spring onions - finely sliced
- beaten egg
- salt, pepper and olive oil
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Place the baby new potatoes whole and complete with skin into a pan of boiling water and boil for 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool quickly. Then slice as thin as you can.
- Lightly grease a large baking tray and un-roll the puff pastry sheet and place onto the tray.
- Add the crushed garlic to the creme fraiche and mix well.
- Spread the creme fraiche onto the pastry - leaving at least a 1 inch border free all around the outside.
- Lay the sliced potatoes onto the creme fraiche base.
- Scatter over the finely chopped spring onions.
- Scatter over the grated cheese.
- Brush the border of the pastry with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle the tart with salt and pepper to taste and give the potatoes a light drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes until the puff pastry is risen and browned.
This is beautiful served fresh from the oven and still warm. I like to accompany it with a vibrant and earthy beetroot salad. Leftovers are just delicious cold and very portable just wrapped in a little greaseproof paper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get more cheesy recipes here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here
Get all our delicious vegetarian recipes here