The cutest and easiest no-sew wizard outfit perfect for Halloween.
What you need to make our no-sew Halloween costume
- Length of silver material approximately twice the height of your child.
- 2 lengths of coloured voile 10 inches shorter than the height of your child.
- 2 lengths of ribbon – one 30cm, one 100cm.
- Hair bobble or elastic band.
- A1 piece of coloured card.
- Star stencil or cookie cutter.
How to make our no sew Halloween costume
- Fold the silver material in half length ways and cut a semi-circle along the fold as in photo 2.
- Place the voile strips on top of each other.
- Using the circle cut in photo 2 – draw around the star stencil and cut out silver stars – as many as you can from the material.
- Fold the coloured card into a cone shape to fit your child’s head and secure with sticky tape as in photo 6.
- Stick the fabric stars onto the wizard hat.
How to assemble our no sew wizard outfit
- Put on comfortable clothes to wear under the outfit and a pair of boots.
- Pop the silver fabric over your child’s head and tie the long ribbon around the child’s waist.
- Wrap the voile fabric around your child’s shoulders and fasten with a hair bobble as in photo 3 – then tie the short ribbon around the bobble in a bow.
- Finish off with the wizard hat.
- And to complete the look our shabby chic magic wand!
I love this outfit – it’s cute, individual and you can swap and change the colours to suit yourself and best of all it’s NO SEW!
Weirdly… once we’d made the outfit… look who turned up!