One pot brisket is a great recipe for feeding a family, it’s a cheaper cut of meat, the slow cooker really cooks it well, it comes out tender, tasty and literally falling apart. Perfect for serving as roast beef dinner on a Sunday and then we’ve got loads of tasty ways to use up the leftovers.
To cook up the one pot brisket you’ll just need a few ingredients and about 10 minutes in the morning to throw them all together. Serve the brisket with mashed potatoes, vegetables and pour over the tasty gravy.
One pot delicious brisket
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 3 carrots - peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1.5kg joint of brisket
- 300ml hot beef stock
- Heat the slow cooker to low.
- Lightly grease inside the slow cooker pan with olive oil.
- Add the onions and carrots to the base of the pan, place the brisket on top and season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the beef stock.
- Cook in the slow cooker for around 8-9 hours or until the beef is cooked through and falling apart.
- Once cooked remove the brisket from the slow cooker and thicken up the gravy using either gravy granules or a tsp of cornflower dissolved in a drop of cold water and stirred through the gravy.
Delicious ways to use up the brisket leftovers
Italian Beef Stew
Turn the brisket into a wholesome Italian style beef stew, packed with vegetables and bursting with Mediterranean flavours – get the Italian beef stew recipe here.
Easy Beef Fried Rice
Make the most of the leftover brisket with this Chinese style egg fried rice – you can make this even if you only have a small amount of leftover beef – just bulk up on the extra veggies to make the meal go further. Get the beef fried rice recipe here.
Top shop bought or homemade pizza base (or use muffins, pittas or naan) with tomato base sauce, scatter over the shredded leftover beef, add a handful of olives, some strips of jarred chargrilled peppers and some chopped mozzarella.
Fry onions, add strips of leftover beef and handful of frozen peas, pour oven enough beef stock to just cover the pan contents. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes, thicken the gravy using cornflour then put into an ovenproof dish and top with mashed potatoes. bake in the oven on 200C until potatoes are browning.
Split open a freshly baked French baguette, butter and fill with slices of roast beef and a smattering of mustard. Serve with cornichons.
SPICY BEEF SALAD
Turn those leftovers into a fresh and zingy salad – grab our Spicy Beef Salad recipe here.
Love brisket? Then you’ll love our 2 ingredient slow cooker BBQ brisket recipe!