Welcome to the world of orange and cranberry rocky roads, all I can say is WOW! They taste completely amazing. They’re absolutely everything I wanted them to be. A perfect thanksgiving recipe or just for munching with coffee on a cold winter day.
You’ll need just five ingredients to make a tray of these awesomely rich and indulgent orange and cranberry rocky roads. They can be mixed up in just a few minutes and then left to set in the fridge.
You just need to bash up the digestives, mix with melted butter and press into the baking tray, then top with a delicious combination of melted Terry’s Chocolate Orange, cranberries and mini marshmallows. Then leave to set in the fridge for around an hour.
These would make a great little homemade edible gift, packaged simply with some nice wrap and ribbon.
Awesome rocky roads perfect for Thanksgiving.
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 125g butter
- 2 Terry's Chocolate Oranges (or 350g orange flavoured chocolate)
- 50g cranberries
- 100g mini marshmallows
- Line a 9 inch square baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Tip the digestives into a large mixing bowl and bash them into crumbs. Use the end of a rolling pin to do this.
- Melt the butter slowly then pour into the biscuit crumbs and mix well. Tip the crumbs into the baking tray and press down firmly into all corners and flatten the top.
- Melt the chocolate in a mixing bowl over a pan of boiling water, once melted tip in the cranberries and marshmallows and mix well to coat in the lovely orange'y chocolate.
- Tip the chocolate mixture on top of the biscuit layer and flatten using a spatula.
- Leave in the fridge for around an hour to set hard.
- Then slice into pieces.
Make festive rocky roads your way
- Use ginger biscuits instead of digestives
- Skip the orange chocolate and use plain.
- Add in smashed pecans or peanuts
- Scatter the top with grated orange zest