Another delicious organic recipe creation using ingredients from my #OrganicUnboxed food parcel. This is a quick and easy cheesesteak sandwich using feather steaks from The Well Hung Meat Company. A great recipe for midweek cooking as it’s ready quickly.
Simple cheesesteak sandwich
- 4 organic feather steaks
- 4 slices of nice crusty bread
- 1 large organic onion - finely sliced
- 1 organic clove garlic - finely sliced
- 1 small knob of organic butter
- 2 handfuls of grated organic cheddar cheese
- 2 handfuls of organic rocket or salad leaves.
- Feather steaks have a line of gristle running through them, I like to remove this and trim off any fat with a sharp knife prior to cooking. Once removed place a sheet of cling film onto the work top, then pop the steaks on to it and cover with another piece of clingfilm. Bash the steaks with a rolling pin to flatten them out so they cook super quick.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the onions and garlic, cook gently until softened, then set aside.
- Put the steaks into the pan and quickly flash fry on both sides until cooked to your liking.
- Add the onions and garlic back to the pan and throw in the grated cheese, stir together and allow it to just melt in the warmth.
- Load up your sandwiches, add some rocket, slide on the cheesesteaks and onions and pop the other slice of bread on top.
Make it your way…
- Use different steak cuts.
- Try out different types of cheese – a good strong Stilton works well.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post promoting Organic UK #OrganicUnboxed campaign. For full details on my disclosure policy please read here.