As part of our our #OrganicUnboxed challenge we’ve created a totally delicious family dinner recipe. It’s super easy to make, one the kids can help out with and one that will guarantee empty plates.
The tasty herby lamb meatballs are packed with fresh thyme and lots of garlic. Simply served with some wholewheat organic spaghetti and a freshly made organic tomato sauce. Everything is easy to prepare and cook. It’s a great recipe for midweek cooking.
Delicious, organic family dinner
- for the meatballs
- 500g organic lamb mince
- 1 organic onion - finely chopped
- 3 cloves organic garlic - finely chopped
- 2 small handfuls organic breadcrumbs
- 1 handful of fresh thyme leaves - removed from stems
- for the tomato sauce
- 1 tbs organic olive oil
- 1 organic onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves organic garlic - finely chopped
- 2 tins of organic chopped tomatoes
- 350g organic spaghetti to serve
- First get the tomato sauce simmering away - add a splash of olive oil to a saucepan and gently fry the onions and garlic until softened, tip in the chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, leave to simmer gently for around 30-40 minutes.
- To make the meatballs firstly fry the onion and garlic over a low heat until softened - then add them to the lamb mince, add the thyme and breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the meatball mixture into small ping pong sized balls and place into a roasting tin.
- Cook the meatballs in the oven on 190C for around 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Whilst the meatballs cook - cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water as per the packet instructions - stirring regularly so it doesn't stick.
- To serve tip the spaghetti into the roasting tin with the meatballs, pile on the tomato sauce, mingle everything together and tuck in! Enjoy!
Cooks tip - if making the meatballs in advance to cook later, make sure you allow the garlic and onions to cool before adding them to the lamb mince.
Make herby lamb meatballs your way
- Switch the lamb mince for beef mince – I’d also add fresh oregano instead of thyme.
- Switch the lamb mince for pork mince.
- Add some heat with a pinch of chilli flakes in the meatballs and tomato sauce.
- Serve with organic rice instead of spaghetti.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post promoting Organic UK #OrganicUnboxed campaign. For full details on my disclosure policy please read here.