Pan fried prawns with garlic, fennel and loads of lemon are one of my favourite tapas style dishes. Super quick to make, healthy and bursting with flavour.
So if you’re throwing together a few tapas dishes this weekend you just have to add a bowlful of these.
Delicious seafood tapas
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Splash of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 400g Raw King Prawns
- zest of a lemon
- juice of a lemon
- small handful of basil.
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- First up, gently toast the fennel seeds in a dry frying pan until they smell fragrant - then grind them up finely using a pestle and mortar.
- Add a splash of olive oil to the frying pan and toss in the garlic, gently cook for a minute to flavour the oil, tip in the king prawns, add the fennel, lemon zest and squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Fry over a high heat for around 4 minutes until the prawns are pink and hot throughout.
- Tip into a dish and scatter over the basil.
- Add sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
Make tapas prawns your own way
- Switch the fennel for chilli and add a kick of heat.
- Skip the Basil and throw on lots of chopped flat leaf parsley.
How to serve tapas prawns
- Sit your tapas prawns on the table amongst some other lovely tapas dishes – we like chorizo in red wine and patatas bravas, add some salads and some fresh bread… oh and a bottle or two or red wine. Get all our favourite tapas recipes here.
- Don’t fancy tapas? Serve your prawns with a sachet of flavoured microwave rice and a quick green salad for an easy, healthy midweek dinner.
Get more fish and seafood recipes here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
If you love prawns – we’ve loads more delicious prawn recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here
Love your food with Spanish flare? Try our easy Spanish dishes here.
Get all our delicious tapas recipes here