A simple and thoughtful Valentine’s Day craft for kids. Beautiful little paper love heart tree with a gratitude written on the back of each paper heart.
We just LOVE this paper love heart tree.
It’s a pretty little Valentine’s Day paper craft for kids, it’s nice to make, beautiful to look at and best of all every one of those love hearts has a little message of love on the back.
Loads more ideas for family celebrations here!
Gratitude Activities for Kids
It’s always a nice idea to help children to think about what they’re grateful for. We’ve tied our gratitude activities into Valentine’s Day to go with the whole love theme – but you can do this anytime!
From loving the cat to loving spending time with grandma, to even loving a big piece of chocolate cake, it’s nice for kids to take time to think about the things in life that they love and are grateful for.
What you need to make a paper love heart tree
- Vase or even a clean empty jam jar will do.
- Twigs – you could team this activity up with a nature walk first to gather some twigs and stick.
- A4 sheet of pretty paper
- Hole punch
- Pen or pencil for writing gratitudes
How to make a paper love heart gratitude tree
- First, cut the A4 paper into strips
- Next cut the strips into squares
- Then fold the little paper squares into halves.
- Cut a heart shape from the folded square – just cut half a heart and when opened it will be a full heart.
- Unfold the paper love hearts.
- Just repeat the above steps and make as many paper love hearts as you like!
- Then get the kids to write their little gratitudes on the back of the love hearts.
- Finally – using the hole punch – punch holes in the hearts ready to hang on the twigs. You should be able to just hang these on but you may need to thread them with ribbon or string if you can’t.
More Kids Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Valentine’s Day Love Bug – A gorgeous Valentine craft for kids. Create a cute little lady bird heart bug with the kids.
- Paper Heart Fans – Super easy Valentine craft for kids. Make loads of lovely heart shaped folded paper fans.
- Love Heart Fairy Bread – A lovely Valentine’s Day snack, heart shaped bread covered in pretty sprinkles.
Save our paper love heart tree on Pinterest for later!
Head this way for loads more fun kids activities
Loads more lovely spring activities for kids here