Eat deliciously with our Pasta Pesto with Broad Beans and Feta – A super quick meal idea perfect for busy weeknights!
Busy weeknights need quick dinners! Our deliciously quick pasta pesto with broad beans and feta cheese is delicious, filling and so, so quick to cook! You don’t have to double pod the broad beans but it tastes nicer if you do…. and you can always get the kids to help out with the podding!
How to make Pasta Pesto with Broad Beans
Okay so first up – I use fresh pasta for this dinner recipe – it tastes nicer and cooks quicker. Grab a mixed pack so you’ve got egg pasta and spinach pasta for added yum!
Pod the broad beans and boil them for just about 5 minutes until tender. Run them under cold water to cool them, then pod the bright green bean from the thick skin – leave to one side whilst you cook the pasta.
Cook the pasta – drain and toss with the pesto and broad beans – scatter over the crumbled feta and eat straight away.
Super easy pasta recipe
- 600g fresh pasta
- 500g broad beans in the pods
- 150g pesto
- 100g feta cheese
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Pod the broad beans and boil in water for around 5 minutes until tender.
- Drain and run under cold water to cool them - then double pod the broad beans from the thick skins so you're left with bright green tender beans.
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions - drain and toss together with the pesto and broad beans.
- Divide between bowls and scatter over the crumbled feta cheese and season with a little black pepper.
Make Pasta Pesto your way
Feel free to mix up your pasta pesto recipe any way you like – some tasty ideas to try…
- Switch the broad beans for peas
- Try different flavoured pestos
- Mix up your own pesto – grab our easy pesto recipe here.
- Add in more veggies – try spinach or rocket or garlicky mushrooms
- Skip the feta cheese and try Parmesan instead